Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Third Day In a Row


So how was your Tuesday? Mine was pretty ordinary...a Dr. appointment for hubby and then home where my sweet tooth got the best of me and I made a plum kuchen from a recipe found here http://www.kingarthurflour.com/. Should any of my legionnaires request it, I will be happy to share. It was deleeecious!. I was too lazy and cheap to buy real cream and whip it, so we had the canned stuff. I always seem to have it on hand. I should have taken a picture. I already made one with nectarines for my dd to serve at a small dinner party she gave last month, but I never got to taste it. She assured me that it won rave reviews. That does my heart good. I thrive on compliments made on my cards and desserts. Thank goodness I walked 40 mins. this morning. AZ weather is quite delightfuly this time of year, though we desperately need rain and I am hand-watering my larger trees every night for fear they will succumb to this 3rd year on record with so little rain. They are predicting a "wet" fall/winter. We'll see.
So here is my card created a week or so ago. It started as CAS card, but I tweaked it enough so that I can now say it's mine. I was trying to get all the colors from the ds paper to match with the cs. I've got SU's pomegranite (ret.), apricot appeal, kraft, and a blue of some hue. I'm terrible with remembering the blues in particular. I used a newer CB folder and the ds paper is from a huge collection by K & Company. Blue pearls (aren't they pretty) and ribbon from my stash round it out. The flower is a dollar stamp by Inkadinkadoo. They are really designing some lovely stamps IMO these days.
So my legions of fans, carry on with your week. I will return tomorrow with another fall-themed card.
Be Blessed by the Creator
Erica
Posted by Picasa

No comments: