Sunday, June 12, 2011

Less Is More Challenge #19 and I have a New Badge!























Good Evening.
How has your weekend been? Mine has been superlative...after starting out a bit challenging for me personally. I checked out the LIM challenge at midnight and took it to bed with me. The following day, I hadn't dreamed up anything I wanted to work with, so off to my email I went. There in my inbox was another email from LIM. It was the weekly announcement of showcased cards. Lo and behold, I was one of them. I'm Showcased...forgive me for shouting, but I'm so honored. What a great card-themed year I'm having...a member of a DT team for the first time and now featured on one of the fastest growing challenge blogs. Mandi and Chrissie are the best pair of divas I know. Thank you so much dear ladies. Your challenges are awesome and have stretched me considerably. I want to thank my blog-readers as well. Thank you for commenting on my cards. That means soooo much to me.

Here we go to the one layer challenge this week...to make a card with a frame. A thought came to my ears after attending church and listening to awesome uplifting Christian music. I attend the most inspiring church. I'm so blessed. Though we don't have a violin in the church band, it is an instrument I thoroughly enjoy. This stamp, Vintage Violin, by Stampabilities was stamped in Memento tuxedo black overlaying a stamp called Music Score by Stampendous that's stamped in Memento London fog. To get the frame, I used a rectangle Nestibilitie and diecut into a piece of scrap then I taped it with removable tape onto the card base front (Neenah solar white) and stamped the music score background direct to paper. Note, I stamped-off the stamp first. Upon removing the scrap, vioila...the frame. I stamped the violin over it. The sentiment is from SU's Apple Blossoms. I hope you like my card and have a go at LIM's challenge.

Hugs & Blessings,
Erica
Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

Chrissie said...

Congrats again on your well deserved showcasing Erica and for your most kind words about both us and our challenge, it's most appreciated!
This card is right up my street, I LOVE anything music related... it's a super job!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Kathyk said...

Well done on being showcased. Your LIM card is lovely

Kathyk

Suze Bain said...

Love your musical stamps Erica and many congrats on being showcased! xx

Zoe Tant said...

Congrats on being showcased and also on this wonderful card. That violin is framed perfectly. Super creation.

Carol said...

A lovely card, congrats on being showcased. Carol x

Susan said...

Erica, I love cards with a music theme....just wish I had more music type stamps! Perhaps I should go stamp shopping? LOL!
My Card

Aileen said...

Love the music score background and violin. Fab x

Jenny said...

Fab musical card Erica and congrats on your show-cased card :)
Jenny x

Nicole said...

lovely card! and i love the badge, I have the same one.

Mandi said...

No need to thank us Erica we thank YOU for entering such fabulous cards
this one is no exception!
Thank you
Diva LIM mandi
"Less is More"

Beryl K said...

Gorgeous card and congratulations on being showcased
Beryl x

Ang C said...

A beautiful card - well done on being showCASed

Zoechaos said...

Congratulations on being featured, your graceful and charming music card shows why you were chosen. XOXO Zoe

Sandra H said...

Just Stunning

cheryl said...

oh well done on being featured hun this is simply stunning just my kind of thing just love this to bits,hugs cheryl xxx

Tip Top said...

Thank you for adding the Fetch-a-Sketch blinkie to your sidebar! Good luck with the blog candy draw and hope you pop back for our first sketch on 27 June!!

Tip Top said...

P.s Stunning and clean card!