Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy Friday


It's here....the weekend. Do you have any big plans? I suppose just getting ready for the holidays. I don't do Halloween, but Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday...because of all the yummy things to eat. I keep to a very traditional menu and that's the way my family enjoys it. I'm curious as to what my legions of fans have for their dinner. Do you try new things on this day, or stay with the tried and true? Do you do it all yourself, or invite people over and then ask them to bring a dish?Do you make a specific request of them, or just say bring whatever and hope for no dish doubles. I will post my menu in the first week of November. My hubby is asking me how much I think I'll need this year to spend on the day's food. For the first time, I'm at a loss. Food is one of the priorities that has sky-rocketed in price this year. I'm noticing that meat is staying at a somewhat good price, but everything else...especially flour, cereal products, rice, is way up. I don't know how large families are making it. We will have 10 people this year including 3 little ones whose eyes are often bigger than their bellies. I like to have leftovers to send home with my family and some for the next day for me & hubby, plus enough to make a turkey soup and a couple of sandwiches. If I buy ham...and most of the time I do, I will get a bone-in ham and make split pea soup. It is dh's favorite. He won't eat the ham, but he'll eat the soup made with the ham. Go figure. So, I'm all listenin' legions of fans. Bend my ear.

For my card, I used the Nesties Labels 7. When I saw this showcased on a blog-hop back in August, I knew I had to have it. Don't these stamps work well with it. They are by Inkadinkadoo and Hero Arts. The paper is My Minds Eye. The flower is a Michael's wedding flower with a brad. There is also another Nestie under the Labels 7. I added Cuttlebug corners and a bow and M.S. leaves. Oh, and some bling on the corners. The base is SU's old olive. I really like how this card turned out and that means I don't want to give it away...at least not until I get tired of looking at it.

So, make sure you make time for stamping this weekend and rest up for the upcoming holidays.

Hugs & Blessings,
Erica
Posted by Picasa

No comments: