Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Teapot Challenge

 
Good Evening...hope your days are going smoothly. Last week, my friend El suggested I take the teapot challenge at This Is My Story's blog here http://mothermark.blogspot.com/2009/07/tea-party-on-lily-pad.html. I had come across her blog previously and admired her collection of teapots. I too am a collector, but not as avid as she. A while back, El gifted me with a lovely frog teapot. I also collect teapots. I thought it too pretty to take out and allow to get dusty...don't do much dusting around my house, so it stayed in its box. So, the challenge provided me a chance to take it out and maybe...maybe, I'll put it out for visitors to see for a while and even brew a cupa tea when it cools a bit...right now, I'm drinking iced.
So, here is my teapot and card. I'm sorry it's a bit lit. The blog has moved on to another teapot challenge. My ds paper is digi from a British company here http://www.making-handmade-cards.com/1-card-making-club.html. The cs is general stuff from my stash. I used the CB on the pink mat and the Nesties for the squares. I've had the frog for a long long time. He's a bit goofy looking to me, but as with all things frog...I like him. I used my Cropodile to evenly space the holes and pebbles to accent the frame. One of the darned things came off while I was handling the card as I was taking photos. The ribbon is non-descript and I used my "Bow Easy" to tie the bow. Love that thing.
Posted by Picasa

Hope you have a blessed rest of the week.

1 comment:

Mothermark said...

OMG! Hoorah for your friend! Talking you into playing with us! How fun that you have your own little frog teapot! It is precious! We had a wonderful time hanging on the lilly-pads even if some of the frogs, tea potters, lifequards, parametics got schnockered! Snort!

Your card is wonderful, truly inspired by your teapot! No worries being late...our tea parties tend to just keep on going, like the ever-ready batteries!

So fun you are a fellow teapot collector! I look forward to seeing you again. I post a sneak-peek (tea-peak) at the bottom of my challenge each week once I figure out what I am gonna do so come back and check it out for next week!

Welcome!!!! Your teapot and card is wonderful!