Saturday, May 28, 2011

Less Is More Challenge 17


Posted by PicasaBlogger is still acting weird now and then IMO, but it can't stop me from accepting the LIM challenge.
At first, I just stared at the sketch, then looked lovingly at Chrissie's design. Seems her R&R has given her lots of good mojo to work with.

At 3AM, I rummaged through my stamps and found this one. Yikes, this one had never seen ink! Had to fix that, huh? I paired it with a little paw print which is actually a bear one from a long ago retired SU set called Button Bear. I sparkled the paw up with "at you Spica" pens, but it's not showing up at all. To frame my sentiment and paw print in a necessary box, I used a square Nestabilitie with the dry embossing imprint techniques, where you don't have an actual layer, but get the effect of one. I'm sure there's a concise name here, but it eludes me for now. The smell of pancakes and bacon cooked by my SIL (yes, he can cook) is disturbing my thought process.

So, have fun with the challenge. I've a feeling we may just hit the elusive 400 mark, since this is a 3 day weekend here in the USA, giving stampers a bit more time to play.

Hugs & Blessings,
Erica

27 comments:

Jan said...

This is gorgeous, a wonderful sentiment. xx Jan

Carol Wilde said...

Wonderful card with really true text !

Carol

Rita said...

Beautiful card and such a lovely stamp. Hugs Rita xx

Netty said...

Terrific stamp and love your card. Annette x

Mandi said...

HI Erica
I think this is fantastic
Really love it
Thank you
Diva LIM mandi
"Less is More"

TAM said...

Lovely sentiment - fabulous card

Carol said...

Wonderful sentiment and a great card. Carol x

Margaret said...

Absolutely gorgeous Erica
Margaret x

Kathleen said...

Georgeous card Eric. love the satmp, glad you 'dug' it out.

Kath x

Kathyk said...

Lovely card and sentiment - great job on the dry embossing

Kathyk

Beryl K said...

Lovely card and sentiment
Beryl x

Deborah Frings said...

Wonderful - love the sentiment and the really crisp frame!

Seafield Jo said...

What a lovely sentiment, a great card. Jo x

Anonymous said...

Fab sentiment and the embossing sets it off beautifully. Gill x

Suze Bain said...

A beautiful sentiment and a fab CAS card. xx

Sandra H said...

Hi there,i have just become a followers of your blog, beautiful card love the sentiments :) Sandra H

Pauline said...

Delightful card!

Viv said...

Great card, well done, love that sentiment too, used it myself a few times and still love it loads :O) Viv xx

Dolly Daydreams said...

Great and dynamic card with such a lovely sentiment.

Marie

Lynne said...

Love this. Love the sentiment and that you`ve kept it black.
Lynne xxx

Jenny said...

Brilliant card and a very true sentiment :)
Jenny x

Chrissie said...

Erica, this is just MAGIC, I love it!
Thanks so much.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Anonymous said...

Love the simplicity of this card. Embossing is wonderful.. :)

Karen M said...

Beautiful...love the sentiment xx

Susan said...

Erica, you've created a lovely card! A great sentiment!
My card is HERE

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Beautiful card. Love that sentiment and it's frameed perfectly.
Caroline xxx

Leah l'Orange said...

a GORGEOUS cas card - the scoring is so subtle but the perfect emphasis to the beautiful sentiment!