Monday, January 24, 2011

St. Valentine's Day peeks begin

Hey legionnaires. I've been having to make some tough decisions these past few days concerning my senior mutt. She grew a tumor practically from out of nowhere that was distended from her vagina...sorry to be blunt. I knew it was gonna cost big bucks to get it taken care of and even more if it was cancerous, but gee whiz, what do you do, when you've had an animal who has never been a worry and seen you through so much in your own life and never asked for one single thing. Yup, you fix 'em, that's what. And so, to the tune of $850, for surgery, meds, and follow-up in 10 days, we just went for it. Yes, it means hubby and I will have to put a few items we planned to purchase on hold while we pay off the credit card which still has $1,000 on it from car repairs done in the fall, but ya' know, that's life, right? Zoe came through with flying colors and is expected to give us 2 to 3 years of more fuzzy happiness. I will try to get a pic when she feels more like herself.

So, here's my card. I picked up this lovely dsp by Bo Bunny during my gal-pal trip earlier this month. I snatched the sketch from somewhere recently, but alas, didn't do the save thing. The bird with branch is an SU punch and I stamped an SU sentiment on a Nestie shape. The die was left on while I sponged on ink so that it appears to be a frame...love that technique for when you don't have enough space to do lots of matting. Stamp TV has a great tute on it. Papers are your basic colors. A bit of bling here and there and there you have it.

Hugs & Blessings,
Erica
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Curt in Indy said...

Your card is lovely. The colors are so rich and vibrant. Beautiful job. And speaking of beautiful job, I am sending you hugs for doing the right thing for your sweet dog. I am so proud of you and commend you for taking such good care of her. My Shotsy blew both of his ACLs in his back legs. The two surgeries totaled $4,500. We didn't even think twice. It had to be done. I even slept with him on the floor for 6 weeks while he healed to keep him from trying to jump up on my bed to sleep with me. It is all worth it. They give so much and ask for nothing in return. I would go without new clothes or only eating once a day, but my boys would get the medical care that they need. If I were rich, I would gladly send you the money. But since we have only been relying on one small income now because of Jay's disability, I can only send you my admiration and hugs for being a wonderful human being. I hope she continues to give you years of happiness. Bless you! Best, Curt

Janice said...

Love the bird! Great card!