Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New Style Weathered Wood

 
Well legionnaires, here's a new style of weathered wood that was super easy to do and can be found at Gina K's Stamp TV. See my sidebar for a link. I love Stamp TV. Gina is such an excellent instructor and her projects aren't too difficult for me to do. You either, :D This tute is this week's feature. The bike is from Hero Arts, It's a clear set called Joy Ride. I read on SCS that one of the trends for 2011 is going to be bicycles, so I had to have it. I can't keep up with all the trends, but I do try for two or three. The base is SU's retired brocade blue. I really liked that color. So saffron is what I used to ink up the weatehred wood. Gina uses her own paper. The sentiment is a part of SU's "A Word for You". I inked only the Happy Birthday part and then diecut it with a Nestie. I added a little bakers twine....loving this stuff, but honestly who'd a thunk it would be used on cards? A little bling in the corners and I was done. I'll have one more card tomorrow to show using this technique.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: