Thursday, August 4, 2011

LIM...You're a Peach


Evening stampers. This is my 2nd entry to the Less Is More Challenge #26 and it's the first I've entered twice. I was truly inspired by Sue's post here when I remembered that I had a dollar stamp with the same saying as the one on her third entry. I also loved how she  expertly colored the peach.
I had to cut my stamp, which was a clear one, into two pieces and make the sentiment fit on one line. It was originally two lines. I was also eager to use the Spellbinders Ribbon Banners die set. I'm sure I'll get tired of seeing these banners someday, but they lend lots of pizzaz to sentiments on a card. I sponged it in with Memento tangelo ink which closely resembled the colors I'd used on the peach. I don't have lots of copics, so I used numbers that were as close as possible to those Sue recommended. I think it photographed more like an apricot, but it is more subtle IRL. I used an MS border punch on top and bottom and my base is SU garden green. So, I'm submitting it to LIM and hopefully the divas will catch it before times up and leave a comment.

Have a great weekend and stamp, of course.

Blessings,
Erica
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Chrissie said...

I feel flattered that you made a second submission to this fruity challenge Erica... you must have felt truly inspired!
Thanks again for another super card!
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Mandi said...

Such a striking card Erica
Pleased to see you enter again!
Thank you so much
Mandi
Diva LIM
"Less is More"

Suze Bain said...

This is great Erica, super colouring and I love that border punch! xx

Susan said...

Erica, this is fabulous! I love that banner, and I've almost bought it....I might need to now! LOL! Your peach looks awesome...fab coloring. It's sometimes difficult to get a good photo with the colors just right. I thought my peach was a little too bright, but IRL it looks just fine. Awesome job...and thanks for your kind words! Susan

Sandra H said...

Your card is gorgeous love the colour :) Sandra H

Jenny said...

Very sweet card, love the punched edges too :)
Jenny x