Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Fetch A Sketch


Hi Stampers...hope your Tuesday was great. I am having to make life-altering decisions these days and creating cards is just what I need to take the edge off the stress. Isn't that the reason many of us create? For those 50ish and older, it could be called our "Calgon" moment. Do they make that stuff anymore? I guess Bath & Body Works and Vickie's Secret have given tried and true products we knew serious competition. Ahh, but I digress.

Here's my submission to Fetch A Sketch Challenge #3. I just used a white base and an SU sage mat, along with scrap ribbon and the Nestie blossom diecut on which I stamped a sentiment from an SU set called Pursuit of Happiness. I sponged Ranger honey distress ink to make the saying look framed. I love this saying from Bishop Tutu. If only there were something he could do about the famine in Somalia. But I think he's retired now. All we can do is pray for these poor people. And when we feel down, praise God we are who we are and we are where we are. UGH! Digressing Again.

Blessings, Erica
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Tip Top said...

Wonderful use of the sketch and great sentiment too! Thank you for joining in at Fetch A Sketch – hope you can join us again for the next challenge! Fetch A Sketch Challenges

Sandra H said...

This is lovely gorgeous sentiments too!Sandra H

Janine said...

Beautiful!!!

Jenny said...

Lovely card - the simplicity of your paper choice really makes the ribbon & sentiment stand out! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Fetch A Sketch!