Thursday, August 11, 2011

On a bit of a flower kick these days...


Good evening stampers. I am sitting here listening to some lovely calm Christian music...one of those WOW Gospel cds where they have gathered all the hits for the year, and realizing how truly blessed I am. This has been such a rough week in the news. Those brave Navy Seals who lost their lives...the horrible riots that raged in London....the lives of hundreds of thousands of children in the Sudan. Sometimes, I think it's too much to bear for one person. I feel so totally helpless and useless. How is it I can sit here and stamp away with so much suffering going on around me? I know there are many like me. The answer our awesome God gave me is in 1 Thes. 5:17. It is one of the easiest scriptures to memorize. It is simply, "Pray constantly." I have nothing to give and yet, I know it is enough in the eyes of my God. So I have been closing my eyes frequently during these past days and praying simply heartfelt prayers. I know that there are many who are doing the same. Until God tells me He wants more and just what that more is, I know it is enough.

I'm in a flowery mood these days. Been perusing the CTMH and SU new cattys and circling nothing but flower sets. I've pretty much mastered making the paper flowers done with scalloped circles. This one is 6 scallops punched with an SU Stamp, crimped in an old fashioned crimper and sprayed with water to break the fibers down...then crumpled and squished with a brad in the middle. I then touched some Ranger glitter glue to the edges to give it some sparkle.
The leaves are punched with a Marvy punch. My frame is the older fleur de lis Nestie and the image and sentiment are from an SU hostess set called On the Grow. The bottom image is an SU wheel called Victorian. I added a bit of white lace across the lower third. It's quite pretty IRL, and I've used my copics for all the coloring. I stamped in Memento paris dusk... a seldom ink pad that can work just as well as the tuxedo black in many cases. Blue pearls for umph finish the card.

Count your blessings my stamping friends. Count them one by one.Praise him for His unfailing love.
Blessings to you...Erica
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sandra H said...

This is lovely:) Sandra H