Thursday, August 18, 2011

Lots of Color


I took an entire two days this week and stamped my heart out. My room looks like a tornado hit it. I am a messy stamper. I'll work on getting it back into shape for the next two days and then I'm not going to mess it up stamp for at least one week. I'll be posting the cards I've already made and catching up on my reading. I have an e-reader with 15 downloaded books. I just had to have an e-reader last Christmas, and hubby is wondering why he rarely sees me using it. I also need to devote more time to my husband and our new routine around the house. We have been putting off going to the movies until he felt stronger. I think that time is approaching.

This is a semi-homemade CAS card. The panel idea is from Papertrey Ink...if memory serves me. The base is neenah solar white and the mats are from an SU ds pad patterns in color stack. I made a mistake and bought two of these stacks. It will take me forever to use them up as I tend to hoard dsp, but not actually use it. The flower is from the SU die called Daisies, and the leaves are a Sizzix die. I ran them through a crimper for some definition. I made the tag from more white cs and finally found a short tute from SU demo extraordinnaire, Mary Fish, on how to make the banner look . It's done with a square punch. It certainly beats the way I was doing it. Suffice it to say I was struggling. The sentiment is from a hostess set in the new catty called Happiest Birthday Wishes. This is a versatile set I'll be going to again and again. I just love it when that happens.

Hugs & Blessings,
Erica
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Joan B said...

happy pretty card! glad you got some time to stamp

Sandra H said...

Very pretty card love all the colour is stunning:) Sandra H