Sunday, August 14, 2011

Time to Distress at Simply Create

Good Morning stampers. I am quite late posting this card. It has already appeared at Simply Create where I'm a design team member. Life has been happening at warp speed for my family these days. The big news for us is my husband is home from the physical rehab center and we are all adjusting to that. We're pulling together like never before so we can afford home nursing care. This allows me to have a bit of respite, though I must still be on hand until things become routine for his care. He is so much more healthy and emotionally uplifted in our home. We are glad we did not choose the option of assisted living in someone elses home at this time.

'Nuf said personally. So if you like to distress...then Simply Create's challenge is for you. Please go check all the samples the design team has inspired you with. Mine is flowery And I fear, my beautiful Martha Stewart butterfly barely shows up. I should have died it. The flower is handmade as my flowery mood continues. The sentiment is from a new to the SU catty set called Pursuit of Happiness. Each mat has been distressed with my Tim Holtz distressing tool. I've added a satin ribbon bow and a bit of bling. And that's it.

Well, I'm off to do a little shopping with my grandson who has started to enjoy cooking. Now that's a talent I intend to make good on. Now if I could just get him to keep his room clean, I'd say I'm helping to make a perfect husband for some lucky lady someday.

Hugs & Blessings,
Erica

2 comments:

Joan B said...

this is lovely. and best of luck with your husband's care. hugs

Sandra H said...

Your cards beautiful it must be hard with your husband but hopefully things will be a little better for you all, love the butterfly i can see it really well its stunning:) Sandra H