Monday, August 29, 2011

Birthday Card


I've been getting lots of stamping time in. I checked out the LIM challenge, but haven't felt like taxing my lil' ole' brain just yet trying to pick and then combine 3 previous challenges. So, I've been adding to my stash of birthday cards instead.

Sticking with my Clean & Simple designs, I put this tegether quickly. The candles are from a Stampendous set that is my "go to" set of late and the sentiment is from SU's Whimisal Words. The ds paper was just laying around. I colored with my Copics and brightened up the flames with a copper gel pen. The base is SU"s sage shadow and the mat is Neenah solar white.

On another note, as many of you can attest, it gets might difficult to find storage for wood mounted stamps if space is a premium. Quite a while ago, I began unmounting but never was satisfied with my chosen method of storage....cd cases. Then along came SU with DVD cases that really were a godsend. However, after watching Joanna's Youtube video I see that I have been doing it all wrong. This video tute is excellent! If you haven't hit upon the best way to store your unmounteds, do give her way a try. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Now let's see if I can hunker down and turn out something gorgeous for LIM.

Hugs & Blessings,
Erica
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sandra H said...

Truly beautiful love the colours and the style :) Sandra H