Sunday, July 19, 2009

Blog Banner Day

It's a blog banner day for me today....'cause I finally figured out to get my award in the right place. I received it some time ago from D World of Marlene (see link on my sidebar), but clueless blogger that I am, I couldn't figure out how to get it where it belonged, so it sat in a post and grew older and older. Boo Hoo...no one could see it, and I couldn't brag!! I also added my fairy name. I found that little gadget on a fairy blog somewhere. I don't know if Christians can have this sort of thing going. We believe in angels, but fairies, I don't think there is any mention of them in the Bible. If one of my legions of readers can bring me up to speed on the Christian outlook on fairies, I would be only too happy to hear from them.
In the meantime, here is a card made for my "project." I did masking with this Hero Arts stamp. It is so simple to color. If I had to do this card again, I would have done more matting...2 at least. And I don't think I care for the ticket punch corners. But I love the coloring and the paper choices. That's the Spellbinders ribbon slides and a bit of ribbon to finish it off.
Well, now that my award is in the right place, I suppose I'd better make every effort to continue to be deserving of it. I am going to try to learn a new blog technique every week. Next, I need to figure out how to make it so that when my card is clicked on to make it larger, the card doesn't get too large. I believe I saw a hint about that from one of the bloggers in my Google Reader list, so I'll have to hunt it down.
So, tomorrow is Mojo Monday...maybe I'll catch the sketch before I hit the sack. But that has to be in less than an hour. I have to catch a little coolness to go walking in the morning. I'm on my 2nd week and already am feeling better. That little coolness is between 6 and 7 AM, here in Arizona. We're 20 days into the monsoon, with no rain to speak of...just the grumblings of thunder and a light show here and there.
I hope you have a blessed week and try a little stampin' now and again.
Erica
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Marlene Lo said...

I think i never make cards in BLUE! Thanks for inspired me! I am gonna make some blue cards these few days!