Monday, June 22, 2009

This is the same card..promise

I was fooling with the photo editing and now the card colors look quite different. But they are the same card.
This is my first gatefold card. It was part of a thank you set of 5 I gave to the woman who gave me my first major card order. She caught me off guard when she asked me if I could design a card case for her. I brought it to show my Bible study ladies what I liked to do and before I knew it, she asked if I could make 8 of them for by July. What fun I had making them. I loved how they all turned out and each one was my own design. I made good use of my Nesties and CB folders and MS border punches. For this card, I have oodles of this shade of pink paper which came from my friend Elenorah and I plan on using every one of 'em Chocoloate Chip from SU is the brown as is the sentiment. The butterfly is a clear stamp from my stash. And that bit of patterned paper is from a box I bought at Joanns...K & Company. It was $40...and I had a 50% coupon, so I splurged. It contains tons of paper...most of it beautiful. Normally, I don't spend that much on paper, but these were sooo inviting.
I will be posting lots of cards and my projects until the end of the month....every day...promise! I still have to squeeze in a project of 25 wedding favors. They will be those Post It matchbook pads. I made these for DD's co-workers' Christmas presents and now I have a "job." We have to work out the deets, but my main ??? is how much should I charge. I usually undersell myself and this time I'm dealing with a person whose looking to do something very inexpensively. Maybe I'll post my sample and get my legions of fans to give me an idea.
Tomorrow, I will also post a pic of the "other something" that has kept me busy. Let me just say, that I'm in love with her.
Until then....Happy Tuesday.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: