Saturday, May 2, 2009

Quick...While it's still Saturday


Hi everyone...hope your Saturday is good and your Sunday is blessed. All I did today was read blogs, and then when I still had 4 laundry loads, a trip to the supermarket, Costco and Home Depot looming at 3PM, I decided to make this card. The sketch for it was on a blog I subscribe to, but don't ask me which one. I didn't even print it out. I just turned from my laptop to my craft table and started in. It took me about an hour (that's actually fast for me) to do it. I used some old ds paper from a big giant pad my dd gave me. I thought I'd never make use of this pad, but I actually found quite a few papers I like and can use. I then added this Cuttlebug die flower and my SU retired slot punch. The border is an EK Success border punch...luv them and need every one of them. The sentiment is from American Art Stamp. Never heard of them, but the size is so perfect for the outside of a card when you want to say more than HB, and you don't want to cover too much of the ds paper. I also like the font used. The base is SU's coral and one of their purples. The green comes from the aforementioned pad. The black cs is unknown. The ribbon is SU's black narrow. To round it off, I added flat black beads from the jewelry section of Michaels...went back to get more and they were all gone. I really like this layout and plan on using it again. If I figure whose it is, I'll credit in my next post.

No comments: