Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Magnolia's Here

Well, here is my first Magnolia image that I own. I am tickled the designer decided to design an African American Magnolia. And she is so cute. I took some liberty and added lashes and a mouth. I was very hesitant to do this as an artist, I'm not, But I think it came across okay. Several friends and fellow stampers don't really like the Magnolia images because they lack key face elements. I like her both ways. I understand that this makes the artist stand out from all the rest. This card is for one of my dd's. She really is a good mom. She holds a stressful full-time job (not by choice) and raises her 2 children. She is married, but hubby is trying to run his own business with some limited success. It's a rough time to be in business for yourself all alone...except, she helps him with that too. DD is just everything I could hope for in a daughter.
My photo doesn't do the card justice. The sentiment is from SU and the cupcake is from a clear stamp set. Used a MS punch for the border and ribbon and trim from my stash. The paper is from various non-descript sources. The pink is actually a fabric paper that I found in Big Lots awhile back. It's takes ink well. I used StazOn fuschia pink. A little bit of stickles on the "frosting." I think purple was a bit overbearing and I probably should have just used some glitter pen or even my Signo white pen.
I will have two more Mothers Day cards to show before the week is out. Totally different from this.
Enjoy what's left of your day and get to stampin' if you have even a moment.
Erica
Posted by Picasa

No comments: