Monday, March 2, 2009

March Already???


I can't believe we're in the 3rd month of the year. I haven't accomplished much..even completely forgot my big brothers' birthday, for which I didn't make him a card. Should I forget it and just call him, or still make & send the card?? That dang question will freak me out for the next couple of days.

Well, moving right along, for some reason, I felt like making an Easter card. I haven't made any St. Patty's cards, even though I do have an idea or two swimming around in my head. Well, actually, I came across the Mojo Monday sketch...a week late. It is here https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi30O4yXfsufE12nU4ZO0oJZWMmJEWCB5POZiMa5c6LZJd9lbCPENjTf32T5bfQLHO52wly3HarAa-4P0fcaFPoVWGOHCv7glrN43MFdn3eQKIlz5T8AbtpBUiw0ZUNgv3WVZrIxHEeBLSq/s1600-h/Mojo75Sketch.gif and then I got started looking at some of the samples for the sketch and really enjoyed them, so I decided to do one. Because I'm late, I'll have to leave a link to mine in the blogs' comments section. I was mainly inspired by Amanda Sewell whose blog name is Inkspiratons. She just had her 3rd baby...don't know how she does it all...as a matter of fact, I don't know how any of you fabulous moms do it all. There should be a special award for mother stampers. Just IMO.

So, there's my card; 2 dollar stamps from Michaels. 2 current SU in-colors and non SU white, purple and ds, some eyelets...I have 1000s of these I got at a convention years ago...coloring with mostly Copics...unsure of what I was trying to achieve here...SU scallop punch, circle punch, a bit of ribbon and the swiss dot CB folders, and oh, the brand spankin new EK corner punch...these punches are da bomb. I want them all --they have usurped MS punches for me -- cleverly designed and sturdy, and I did use a border MS punch on the card, but it may be the last one I get, and one teeny pink brad, some faux stitching...and check out the bunnies' tail. WHEW! There's a lot to this card.

Thanks for looking. Have a great week.

Erica

1 comment:

neverenoughrubberstamps said...

Cute little Bunny!

Great job!

Cheers,

Dorothy