Saturday, March 28, 2009

I've Commissioned Myself

My lovely dd has been blessed by some awesome church friends in a time of some difficulty in her life. I helped her construct a thank you email to them. However, since her mom taught her well :), she wants to send them personal thank yous. So yours truly has decided that since she's such a creative woman....hee hee, she will help. I am going to make 7 cards for her to send by Wednesday. I will mail them out on Monday. Here are my first two. The "So Kind," a stamp from SU and another non SU stamp and an MS punch is my design on the left. The second is a little of this and a little of that from the many blogs I read. I will post the rest of them as time allows.
I received a shipment of paper from Paper Temptress. I wanted to see if their paper compared to SU. My last day as an SU demo is 3/31. I will go into pending at that point. I've blogged about this before. The jist is that there are so many wonderful stamp companies to try and I can't afford them as well as SU. I will buy from my upline who has mentioned that she made more from me as a customer than as a demo, as I was only hobby anyhow. I'll give my personal review of the 6 types of paper I've received in a later post.
I will also post some gable boxes I'm making for my other dh's co-workers for Easter. They are turning out so cute. I have downloaded all the SU templates I like so that I can keep my mojo working. I'm a bit sad that I never got around to ordering any of the SU Bigshot dies, but I will borrow from my upline. She's the best. One thing I'm happy about is that they are returning to one catty per year. One thing I'm sad about is that SU has had to let go of some of its employees. Sheri talked about this in her blog and she is genuinely saddened. I feel bad for her. This "Great Recession," as I've heard it referred to is kickin butt.
On another matter, my fave tool, The illustrious Cuttlebug, is coming out with 11 new dies in July after the CHA and I got a sneak peak from a blog. They look fantabulous. Can't wait. And my second fave tool accessory which I use in my CB is the Nestibilities. With a few more $$ to spend now, I'll continue to increase my stash. And of course, there are about 50 other stamp companies who will get my money.
So for now, you all have a great rest of the weekend. See ya'
Erica
Posted by Picasa

No comments: