Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I Took the Challenge Today



Posted by PicasaWell, I took the challenge today. Actually, it's my first one from Scrapnextras It's their Stash Challenge here http://www.scrapnextras.com/scrapnextras/2009/03/stash-challenge-tuesday-stickers.html#comments. I used stickers that I was hoarding for some time. The name on the package is "Gifted Stickers." I love teacups, teapots, teabags and loose tea, and oh, iced tea. If I drank more tea than I ate candy, I wouldn't look like I do, But, alas, I love milk chocolate, fudge, buttermints, and Necco Canada wafers and Werthers originals more. Gosh, I sure love candy, huh? I sort of cased it from this card here http://www.scrapnextras.com/scrapnextras/2009/03/stash-challenge-tuesday-stickers.html#comments
The base is a kraft c.s. (not SU) and the pink mat is CB'd as is the blue mat and then I used a Memories shadow ink for the rose from Hero Arts and then overstamped with a Hero Arts sentiment that's been around 4ever and is so versatile. There is one little secret going on in this card. I give my 20 mos. granddaughter "sticker address labels" that I seem to get by the hundreds, to play with. There are usually some kind of flower stickers on the sheets. She peeled 2 of the flowers from the "base" of a trio of stickers and I noticed that the remaining piece resembled Nestibilitie scalloped squares. I pounced on it before she could rip it apart, and put it to good use here. Then I placed these pretty teacups & saucer stickers inside of the squares. The embellies are Kaiser blue pearls...hope their true color is showing up. I really like the way this turned out, hope you do.

P.S. After posting, I realized that all the pearls aren't visible. There are 3 of them directly underneath the sentiment. I'll have to be more careful with displaying the card prior to snapping.

Have a great Wednesday.

Erica


1 comment:

Marlene Lo said...

nice nice nice!
i think i will take my 1st challenge as well