Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I fibbed


Well, I know what I said...an Easter card in 2 to 3 days. Nope, didn't do it...mojo wasn't working for the Easter holidays. But here's another card, that was easy peasy. The true color of the large mat is a fuschia pink...it looks purply here. I used a very old stamp that I got from the dollar store and just stamped kinda randomly, 'cause my attempt at a pattern was coming up short. The rose is brand new (to me) by Hero Arts, I can tell I will be using this often. I like the size and the openness of the flower. I want to try bleaching technique, but no promises. I've learned my lesson well. Two pearls from MS compliment this nicely and that's and that's a black base and turquoise mat that the flower is on. A circle in SU saffron with a squiggly from SU Elegant Inspirations and Clearly Wordsworth (never come across this line anymore) is the bless you sentiment.
I used Memories black ink throughout. And very important, this card is CASED. But I inadvertently deleted the email from my Feedbitz feeds. I get a ton of them for inspiration ya' know.

On a related matter, I'm getting ready to really invest in Just-Rite stamps to the tune of at least $50. So, I'm reading all the comments and suggestions I can find. If you came here to visit, kindly leave me any info you might know of or link to pertinent blogs. I'm ready to jump in. BTW, I do have the Monogram Stamp set, but find I'm not using it except to place my initials on the backs of my cards if I've been paid to make a card. And we all know that ain't often. BWAH HA HA!

Erica (who is glad hump Wednesday is over)

1 comment:

The Dutsch Family said...

Oh my goodness!!! This one is soooo beautiful. Can you make another one???