Monday, February 22, 2010

Cucumbers, Anyone?

So, this is the second card I made for Sharon Johnson's Sketch 127. Isn't the ds paper scrumptious? It's from K &Co., Life's Journey...double sided kinda heavy cs, so I see many boxes in the future. But for this card, I thought it worked nicely to "hide" seeds. I scrounged around the catch-all draws in my house and unfortunately all I could come with was cucumeber seeds. The base is retired pomagranite, then a mat of black, then the reverse side of the ds paper which I scallopped with an MS punch. then SU's old olive and ots of Signo pen white dots. The SU tab punch is the "pull" for the seed packet. I was supposed to plant these two years ago. The first time I planted cukes, there was a battle between me and my Westie as to who could get to the ripe ones first. She ate everything I tried to grow except for collard greens. Bless her sweet little soul. She's been gone now 2 yrs. I replaced her with my cat. Quite a difference with these two species.

Well, gonna' run. Canada is getting its gold for pairs ice dancing. They deserve it, though it was close. The US silver medalist were very good. Glad I don't have to judge.

Hope your Monday was a good and you're off and running (not too fast) for the week.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Janine said...

Hi there!! Love your cucumber seed packet!! the Gold Medalists are from my home town... London for Tessa and Ilderton for Scott.
They skated brilliantly. So did the US pair... I stayed up and watched them all!!
Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Love your card, yes I agree the dp is gorgious and I really like the use of all the dots!! makes it really stand out.

Deb Neerman said...

Gorgeous, Erica! Love that botanical DP you used ... just fabulous here!

Dainty Diva said...

Hi Erica, I just went back and read your response to my TH grunge flower. I have seen yours and it is just gorgeous. I lol when you said you didn't have the heart to use bk pages. I take it you don't alter books. I'll think about you if we play the Chiefs. We are going to Texas next yr for super bowl.