Sunday, November 1, 2009

Mojo Monday



I thought I'd better hurry and use this MojoMonday sketch  before another one comes along soon. I haven't been doing them for a few weeks. In fact, I lost my Mojo  "gadget Don't quite know how, but I just put it back, so I will be reminded to go there every week. This card uses the sketch, but also is being linked to Mr. Linky over at Embellish Magazine. They have weekly challenges too. And this week is to use an owl and specific colors. Click on the gadget in my sidebar for further deets.

So here's my card that covers both challenges. I used SU's mellow moss, pink coral and choc. chip. The owl is a clear dollar stamp from Inkadinkadoo. The sentiment is from a little box grouping of tiny sentiments that I got a while ago. All they say is Pixie stamps. I colored in the owl with Spica pens. Love these subtle sparkling pens. The card is finished with a flower, cordoroy button and white ribbon that I colored in with a mellow moss SU marker. There were 3 Cuttlebut embossing folders used on this. That's surely a record for me. I used my giant Marvy punch on the scallops...poor thing is quite neglected in favor of Nestibilities. The owl circle is a Nestie circle die. I used the "out of the box" technique to get the branch to hang outside of the circles, so I could stamp him to one side of the circle and still have room for the tiny sentiment. The stamping is done in Memento Rich Cocoa. I think this is a cute card and stuck with the colors and sketch pretty well. This is the first time I've used 2 challenges in one card.

So, what did you fix for dinner tonite? Do you try to make Sunday dinner or supper a bit special? I usually do and I always make enough for Monday, so I can have a fun-filled day of stamping.  I cheated this time. I bought one of those oh-so-convenient already roasted chickens. I am going to make some rice with gravy...dh can't live w/o gravy...and fresh cauliflower. Really simple, but good. Tomorrow, I will show you some of the little treat bags I've been working on for my dd to give her co-workers as a T-Day treat.

So, I hope that my legions of fans have a healthy week and can look forward to many blessings.

Erica

5 comments:

de said...

This is perfect for the challenges! Very pretty!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Cute. cute! Love how you changed the color of your ribbon - so clever!

Nancy said...

Wasn't this week's challenge just pure awesomeness? :) I think I may start hoarding owls! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a great rest of the week. :)

Jessica said...

Cute little owl :)

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

How fun?! Love that owl! Thanks so much for playing in the Embellish Magazine challenge!