Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sad Note....Happy Notes

For an earlier post on a new iphone app stampers gotta have it post, scroll down legionnaires.

Well, actually, I begin this post on a sad note. The most elder member of one of my Bible studies, Mary, went to be with the Lord on Saturday. This woman whose husband (a former pastor) passed away almost two years ago, died of a heart attack per the doctors. I feel she died of heartbreak. Her last words to us at the last meeting she attended, were that she didn't understand how God could have allowed her husband to leave her when He knew how much she needed him. Not one of us had any answers that would make it right for her. She is with both of the loves of her life now.
Now, on to happy moments. It was Stampin' Sunday this week with three of my galpals who love to stamp, chat, and eat. Our hostess served us a delicious and thoughtfully thought out menu...can you say cheesecake w/o the yolks....and it was really yummy. She set a beautiful table with china, napkin rings and the whole enchillada. We felt pretty, oh so pretty. And she had two lovely cards waiting for us to take home. And this was the stand-out one. Can you imagine....all that cutting and the card design of a sorta' tri-fold with ups & downs to it. Well, isn't it just the cutest. I'm taking the liberty of posting here since she is toooo busy to start her own blog. So, I hope it comes across as well as it looks in person.
Tomorrow, I will show the cute Easter project she designed for us to make.
FYI. Hobby Lobby enabled me this week. Nesties are 40% off, all adhesives -- think ATG guns, etc., are 40% off and their is an on-line 40% coupon which you can use on MS combo punches which aren't on sale, but go for $24.99 for both in one package. The coupon takes off $10. Ask me how I know.
I gotta say this...I have about 12 MS punches and 2 of them are broken. One punched about 3 times and then got really stuck. Unfortunately, it was one of those duo sets. I am very disappointed with the quality and can't understand why EK Success punches are never a problem, and it's EK Success that actually makes the MS punches. I think they also make SU's punches. C'mon Martha, don't settle for poor quality and then charge us a bundle for your "name". The SU queen, Shelli Gardner would never do such a thing.
Be back atcha' tomorrow.
Hugs & Blessings,
Erica
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

Fabulous Step Out card, Erica! Your friend can be really proud of this!

So sorry to hear about the passing of your friend. The poor thing, it does sound like she died of a broken-heart. I can understand that ...

Okay, gotta check out the iphone app you're sellin' ... LOLOL!

~Hugs!!

Dainty Diva said...

Lovely Step Out card. Anyone would be proud to get this.

I'm also sorry to hear about your friend. But as you said she is with her loved ones.

Rubber Hugs