Thursday, September 3, 2009

Quick Post

 
I should have posted this an hour ago, but got really slowed down when I was at Craft Critique blog and read all the comments about SU's new policy for demos. Whow, the new document packs a wallop and is already having repercussions. SU demos overall are not happy. Go read them for yourself. I subscribed to the posts myself. You all know my short history with Stampin' Up. And isn't it odd that I posted just yesterday and the day prior about the many companies that I buy from. My former upline tells me this is going to be a bitter pill to swallow, but I believe she'll sugar-coat and down it with a glass of good strong iced tea. For an aternate view...in favor of the policy, read Jan Tink's view. So here's my card. This card measures 5 1/2 x 6 1/2. Quite large for me. In fact, I will have make an envie for it. I have a tute somewhere. The Our Daily Bread set I used is "Lift Up Our Hands." The CB folder is one of the newbies and the border on top is an MS punch. I used mostly SU papers. The sentiment is on a Nesties label mat. I distressed the praying hands. Everything is stamped in black. I put on a white silk ribbon on the side and covered it with a piece of brown lace I had hanging around in my stash. A little bling on the top of the border and I was done. This card passed the "dd" test. She proclaimed it "busy" but added that she likes it.
Well, we passed "hump" day and my alone days are almost over. Tomorrow, I will watch "Twilight" with that handsome devil Edward, uh, or should I say vampire?..with my stamping buddy El. We'll munch on cucumber salsa & chips (got the recipe from a blog somewhere). She doesn't know it, but I'm gonna bbq us some chicken wings and corn on the cob for dinner too. Should be a fun afternoon.
Enjoy the rest of your week.
Hugs, Erica