Monday, September 14, 2009

It's been a while


Hello friends. I have been away from blogging for several reasons. I've been cleaning up lots of emails. I often have as many as 400. Scary, huh? Most of them are my subscriptions. If I don't get a look at each one, I feel as if I'm missing out. I've tried to unsubscribe often, setting a goal of 10 or 20. My unsubs rarely equal more than 5 or so. Sometime I already have links here on my blog to some of my subscriptions. Kind of redundant I guess. Then there's the issue of checking on a blog only to find out that there's a blog hop which I can't miss and then I find a new blog I've never seen and I have to subscribe to that one too. Well, I tell ya' it's a vicious cycle made especially worse because this is what I do to de-stress. Speaking of which. hubby is so-so. He has many different feelings toward me...anger, frustation, annoyance, and just don't bother me. I never know which of these attitudes I will have to deal with from hour to hour. The bedsore, which the homecare nurse believes he got in Rehab, is awful looking. It keeps an odor and I can't tell if it's getting better or not. And the nurse won't say. We have a primary care doctor appt. this Friday and I am hoping he'll be honest. Ed doesn't complain about it, and only takes pain meds at night to sleep. Sleep...did someone say sleep? I have to get up every 2-3 hrs. to move him...a chore I don't wish on anyone. Though I get back to sleep in minutes, this is no fun. So when my friends ask me what can they do to help. Just pray for my and his strength to endure, to be patient and kind to one another. What I do for him can't be done unless you are right here in my home. I am exceedingly blessed by my dd and her dh who visit as often and empathize with our situation. And then, of course, I'm exceedingly thankful for all that God bestows on me and I am humbled daily. Ed and I pray every morning and I implore him to pray constantly. I will be starting a 6 wk. Bible study on fasting on Wednes. evenings this week. The timing seems appropriate...right after dinner and just before Ed's bedtime. He will be totally occupied by TV during my absence. I plan on being blessed by my time with like-minded Christian women and their prayers, as well as whatever our Lord teaches me.
So today's card was a a quickie I designed in my very own little head. DD needed a Congrats card for a couple who eloped this past weekend after living together for some years. I probably should have used cream c.s. under the circumstances, but I didn't. The circle stamp is a clear one I have had a while. I cut out the middle and stamped the SU champagne glasses from "Cheers To You", and bumped it up. The script Congratulations is from SU's Warm Regards. Both are retired, I believe. I used SU white taffeta ribbon and Nesties to cut out the circles and the ribbon slide. That's my trustie CB textile folder for the white mat behind the circles and pearls to accent it. I plan on printing out a sentiment for the inside that I have from a book called, "Say It With Style", edited by Tanya Fox of Paper Crafts (the mag) fame. This is what it says...In all you dream and in all you do, may the love you share bring joy to you.
Gee, I could write an entire book about what I have dreamt in my day and what I have done. Hmmm, best not to go there.
Enjoy the rest of your week. I'm finding time to make cards, but don't know if I'll be able to blog more this week.
Erica
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Michelle said...

hi erica... your blog is lovely... im so glad ive vivsited here and have had the opportunity to see some of the beautiful things youve been creating.. thanks for your kind comments over at the cuttlebug challenge blog. im so glad to know that the tutorials I am doing are appealing..and that you feel theyre are do-able... (i always hope that my projects appeal to crafters of all levels ... so that they CAN give them a try at home.)
michelle
DT
Cuttlebug Challenge Blog

Janice said...

This is beautiful! Do you submit to challenge blogs? This qualifies for the monochromatic challenge this week at Paper Blooms, http://paperblooms.blogspot.com/