Sunday, September 20, 2009

It's Sunday


Good evening my legions of fans. I had a super fun day with my stamping pals yesterday. We had a refresher session on how to use that crumply foil on paper to make pretty thingies. Oh bother, I forgot the technical name, but I love doing it. We made mostly leaves since fall is here...tho' you would never suspect it if you lived with me here in AZ where it was 102 today, I tolerate the heat well and I actually drove to church with my windows down. Gotta luv our dry heat.
So, we didn't make any cards, but chatted away and ate snacky things (including 2 desserts..small portions - honest). So I will have a nice autumn card for 'yall with my efforts soon. In the meantime, here is a card that I designed all by myself for one of my sisters in Christ who is home after undergoing successful surgery. We hope to see her soon at our study. The sentiment is from SU's Thoughts and Prayers. The flower is a Studio G clear dollar stamp. I don't know why...but I just luv this flower. I seem to gravitate toward single blooms these days. I used my CB swiss dots on the blue mat and the corners are CB dies. The ribbon is SU. The "frames" are Nesties and so is the circle. I even used SU's retired pomagranite ink for the sentiment and flower. A little bling for accent and the flower center is a blob of crystal lacquer over a yellow colored center. I think I've coverd everything.
I hope everyone has had an enjoyable weekend. There were many blog hops and new releases to enjoy. I get so caught up in them sometimes. It's 6PM and I think opening a can of soup for dinner. I don't feel much like cooking, it's late and dh's appetite has suffered with this last bout of weakness.
God bless you as you live your lives this week.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: