Sunday, April 27, 2014

Simply Create Too challenge no. 60, Use at Least 2 Layers

Hi Stampers.

Windy day in AZ today, and a busy one too. I'm just now getting my card up for our design team challenge, but I've been enjoying the entries over at our blog, Simply Create Too.

Here's my card. Recently, I entered a challenge requiring we use turquoise, I've been loving doing just that. I paired it up with SU's more mustard card stock and white card stock from Recollections. My first layer is a Cuttlebug die designed by Anna Griffin, called Flourish. It is is for 5x7 cards. I have been branching out into these larger cards lately. The second layer is the Recollections white and atop it is a 'hello' die, from Savvy Dies in white. Have you noticed how very popular the hello sentiment has become? You can find it in many different fonts. I stamped the sentiment from TPC Studios and the feathers are Quik-Kutz die cuts in SU's turquoise layered over a more mustard strip.


Layering is fun, but it can also be tough if you're using patterned dsp. You can solve that by sticking with solids and trying dry embossing (folders work great for this) to add emphasis.
So head on over to the challenge and play for a bit.

Have a great weekend.
Blessings, Erica

1 comment:

Sandra H said...

Hi Erica...This is truly beautiful and so elegantly presented xx