Saturday, August 18, 2012

Less Is More Challenge 81

 It's LIM challenge Saturday and while you're checking out the 81st challenge, do go over to Chrissie's blog and check-out the personal best she scored. I think she's earned a team GB gold medal

I had to clean up my room before I set-off for a visit to CA with my dd. And I always have bits & pieces of die cuts about. This heart was one of them. As soon as I saw it, I thought of breaking it in some way, and as I am a Janis Joplin fan, the lyrics to this song came to mind. I have gone about the entire morning singing it.

For the first time ever, I attempted to PC write directly on paper using a font that I already had. Through trial and error, I finally got it into the right place. There's a strikethrough the word heart too. Then I tore the top left of the heart glued it down, and voila, there you have it...tearing with less is more.

I will be posting my Simply Create Too  challenge for the team shortly.

Off to a busy Saturday before I drive to CA. Do head over to the Less Is More blog. It's just what I needed this morning.

Blessings,
Erica
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Margaret said...

Very clever Erica
Margaret x

Susan said...

Very creative of you!! Now that song will be stuck in my head! LOL! Using the PC to add a sentiment is a great way to be creative...it's just getting the darn thing in the right place that so difficult! Fab card this week....enjoy your visit with your daughter!

Sandra H said...

Hi Erica, Your card is brilliant and l just love that sentiment and ripped heart xx

Mandi said...

I am now singing!
Great card, very effective
Thanks very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Chantal said...

what a good idea! your card is very pretty, I love it!

Paula Whittaker said...

good concept for the challenge

Victoria said...

Absolutely brilliant!

Scrapmate said...

Great card!

Karen said...

Beautiful card.

Karen x

Chrissie said...

I'm so sorry that I'm late in visiting this week, but I have been on a wonderful cruise to Norway where I didn't have very good Internet coverage!
Thanks so much for your lovely contribution!
Chrissie
"Less is More"