Thursday, August 16, 2012

Naughty me,..but His Grace

I am been super busy creating 40 all occasion cards for one of my sweet neices. She had come for a visit when my family and I were stuck in a hotel for a month. It definitely wasn't the reception we had hoped to give her, but she travels a lot and so it was not a big deal. Those cards kept me so busy that I didn't post a post to match my submission for the mid-week challenge at http://simplycreatetoo.blogspot.com/.

This card is about as vintagy (sp?) as I can get. We have SU cs for base and mats and an old piece of ds paper from my stash. Then some punches, including EK Success, SU, and Sizzix, as well as Nesties and a white embossed sentiment from Our Daily Bread Designs. The flower is hand-made with scallops diecuts, sprayed with glimmer mist. But I wanted to make sure it stayed nice and firm, so after spraying with the mist, I sprayed with a non-aerosol spray starch and let dry. The flower center is an SU brad and the pearls and lace are from my stash. BTW, my dd dislikes vintage, but she liked this card enough to snatch it for her stash.

Off to CA for a few weeks, so blogging will be sketchy (pun intended) at best. I will be taking some stamping things though. I hope to get 40 Christmas cards done. They will be simplicity personified and, of course, I'll be blog-hopping galore.

Blessings,
Erica (who might get in an LIM challenge if the mojo is working)

1 comment:

Sandra H said...

Wow Erica, This is truly beautiful! the colour is gorgeous as is the flowers the lace and pearls and dies so beautiful x