Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Let the DSP Take Center Focus


Good Evening stampers. Hope you are getting through 'hump day'. The weekend is near! I promised a few fussy cards. And here I delivered. I believe my true style is C&S, however, now and then, I come across beautiful dsp pads on sale and begging for me to leave the store with them. Once I arrive home, they are given a place of honor on my craft table where I regularly leaf through them oohing and aahing. Alas, I don't know what to do with them. There are several bloggers who do amazing things with these papers and I make an attempt here and there to CAS their work. For this card, I didn't do that. Instead I used my own personal method to come up with this. First I thought of what greeting the paper lent itself to, the size of the greeting, how and if, to mat the greeting, and finally what if any, embellies might be used. Once I had a plan, it was simple to make.

Recipe: Base of neenah solar white, 5" x 5" card
SU garden gree mat
DCWV Mariposa matstack
CTMH blue (don't make me look for the hue)
Rangers Distress peeled paint dye inkpad
Sentiment Stampendous
Nestie deckled rectangles
Sizzix "Branch with Leaves"
McGill butterfly punch (large)
Martha Stewart small butterflies
A little bit of bling

And as Joan would say.....
"mood when done", I like it. Now I only have 71 dsp papers to stare at and wonder what to do with.

Blessings,
Erica
Posted by Picasa

No comments: