Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Less Is More Challenge no. 33, card 5

 
Hi Stampers. I'm posting card no. 5 for LIM. They are over 300 entries and there is still lots of time left if you haven't played yet. I stopped by Michael's today with only a $10 bill in my purse. The store is all geared up for Halloween, which I don't do. It bothers me a bit that Thanksgiving is given such short shrift. Then we leap head first into Christmas. T-Day is my favorite holiday of the year.

With very careful shopping, I purchased 8 stamps and one punch, that with my 10% senior discount allowed me to spend $8.54 cents. They're all dollar stamps and a tiny flower center punch. I was very careful in choosing my stamps because I really do have enough stamps. But these images spoke to me, especially at $1.00.

So my card uses neenah solar white for the base, a scrap piece of SU certainly celery and the EK Success notebook border punch. I dry-embossed a small Cuttlebug folder, I purchased when the CB first came out and I couldnt get enough folders. The Congrats is from Wordsworth clear stamps. Don't you just love when you find a greeting that is vertical? It's stamped in Mary Matchables crimson red. My few Marvy inkpads are very old, but they still stamp fresh. Very little re-inking is needed. Well, hope you like my card. I'll be back tomorrow with no. 6.

Blssings,
Erica
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Chrissie said...

This is gorgeous Erica. The simplicity speaks volumes!
Thanks again.
Well done on those thrifty stamp purchases.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sandra said...

This is gorgeous that green is amazing:) Sandra H

Elizabeth said...

You've made a lot of gorgeous cards for the challenge!!

Mandi said...

Fantastic ERica
Thank you for a third entry
Mandi
LIM

Cheryl said...

Awesome design and colors too! They just pop. Wow...your 5th card. You go girl!