Saturday, April 16, 2011

Did They Say Acetate?


Posted by PicasaGood afternoon legionnaires. I'm here this afternoon with my challenge for the LIMeettes. If you read the challenge  here you will see that Mandi and Chrissie expected there to be groans. And that's just what I did as soon as I read the word "acetate". Don't quite why I'm scared of acetate, but I've never used it on cards. But knowing full well how this acetate might agitate more than a few of the LIMettes, they made it easier by allowing us to use acetate somehow with no fixed plan. Flowers came to my mind first and they gave us a sample using them, but since I was making some Easter treat boxes for my DD, I decided to incorporate a piece of acetate into it.

I used SU's window sheets. This is strong acetate that makes excellent strong windows. I had just purchased them recently, not really knowing what I'd do with them, but planning to search U-Tube.  Using it for this challenge was easy peasy. Just use a die to cut a scallop (could use a scallop punch, as the box is small), and adhere a piece of acetate over it. I stamped an image of a decorated egg onto the acetate with Stazon royal purple ink, but it is not showing up. I chose to photo outside and I have shadows going on too unfortunately, but you get the idea, right.

I really need to get brave and make a card with acetate too. After all, it's nothing to be frightened of, huh?

Blessings,
Erica

16 comments:

Mandi said...

It's certainly nothing to be frightened of Erica! lol
You;v done a super job with you Easter basket, if it;s quite CAS for us, I'm not so sure, but Im so glad to see it
A real treat
thank you
Have a great week
mndi
Less is More

Jan said...

it's beautiful xx jan

Susan said...

Awesome basket...and very creative to add the acetate window!

Jenny said...

Great use of acetate and a lovely easter basket.
Jenny :)

Chrissie said...

Great basket Erica... we lost a little white space on the way, but it's super nevertheless!
From this week onwards, acetate will be no longer feared by the LIMettes!
Have a great week!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Shirley said...

Such a cute little project, I love it.

Kathyk said...

It's a fab project

Kathyk

Dolly Daydreams said...

Lovely Easter project could have so many uses.

Marie

Sue said...

A fab Easter basket. Love it. Sue.x

Lynne said...

Fabulous job with acetate. Lovely basket, really like it.
Lynne xxx

Susie Sugar said...

Great use of Acetate fab basket
Hugs Susie Sugar xx

Chris said...

Fabulous...Chrissieann x

Suze Bain said...

A super yummy easter basket. x

Jen said...

Lovely bascket.
jenjoy x

Michelle said...

lovely basket xx

Janice said...

This is so pretty. Wow I have that ribbon.