Monday, September 19, 2011

Less Is More Challenge 33, card no. 4



Good Monday evening stampers. How's the first of the week treating you? Mine wasn't too bad. I found out that I will have lots of family in for Thanksgiving. Some I haven't seen for quite some time. It will be a busy time for me.

To see my previous submissions, just scroll down. They're all in row. Might break in after the 5th entry with a little Mojo Monday...I'm liking the sketch.

My card base is Neenah solar white. I've embossed the front using a newish SU embossing folder called flower garden. I used chalks to color the flowers and butterfly, and I think it looks pretty good. The butterfly is a die from Cheery Lyn Designs. They are based right here in Phoenix, just like Spellbinders. Hmmm, wonder if they would have a warehouse sale like Bazzil Papers. These dies are finely detailed, but take quite a few passes through the CB to get the "cut". A bit annoying, but probably worth the work, as they are beautiful. I will likely invest in a few more. I sprayed with fixative to keep the chalk in place and vibrant. The sentiment is from Hero Arts clear stamps and is stamped in Rubber Monger (very old stamp pad) steel blue.

Well, off to eat a simple dinner, then on to Gordon Ramsey's Hell's Kitchen. I love his brash personality and I get a kick out of the wannabe chefs competing. The winner will be chosen tonight.

Blessings,
Erica
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Chrissie said...

This is beautiful Erica.
Thanks so much for all your lovely entries this week.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sandra H said...

This is a stunning card great for the entry:) Sandra H

Mandi said...

Very pretty Erica
Love the 3d butterfly
Thank you again
Mandi
LIM