Thursday, July 8, 2010

I accepted the challenge

Evenin' legionnaires.
First up...I gotta apologize for not following with the contest posted last month.
Well, of course I had very few respondees and they must trust my mug, 'cause they thought I was tellin' the truth. Actually, all but one was a lie or in some cases, barely a half truth. The truth was I didn't learn to drive until I was 43. As a bonafide inner-city New Yorker, I took public transportation or just walked.
So, today, I was determined to find a challenge that I could use my new Hero Arts stamp set on. This sweet little girl is from the new How Does Your Garden Grow? Isn't she the sweetest? I'm not much for "people" stamps, but this one caught my eye. You may have read my stance on Magnolias....the mouthless tots...and Bellas never did if for me. This little gal, however, won my heart.
She was colored completely with Copics. I have taken one basic (non-cert) class, and I own about 40 pens, but I'm so scared to try them on large images. I went for it this time in response to  Verve's 100th Color Throwdown. To give myself a headstart, (a.k.a. a kick in the butt, I visited several of the hop blogs and got my mojo working with this card from Wanda at Cullen-ary Creations.
I've read that people have difficulty coloring black toned skins, Well, let tell me you, all white folks don't have the same skintones either. I forgot to give her a little cheek rosiness. I'm not sure wheather she's Italian, Yugoslavian, or Scandinavian, but I sure was happy when I was done and I know practice makes perfect. Well, I hope you like her, 'cause you're gonna see her around my blog now & then. The punches I used are Quilt from MS and an EK Success big scallop punch. The butterflies are MS too and the dots is a BG stamp from Inkadinkadoo, I have been wanting forever. Did I mention that I love the color combo? It's a keeper. Oh, and I'm really happy that I didn't feel compelled to use ribbon and I even plunged into stamping the sentiment sideways...a rarity for moi. Now, go and check out the challenge. They're giving away lots of prizes.

Hugs & Blessings,
Erica
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Broni said...

Sooo cute, Erica! And I love the scallops!! Thanks so much for helping us celebrate CTD challenge #100!!

Barbara said...

How sweet! Just a darling design! Thanks so much for playing along with Color Throwdown 100!!

Deb Neerman said...

Awww, this is toooooo cute, Erica! LOVE the l'il image and those punches are fab!

dj said...

Not to well in the super hot weather!! just kidding!! I love these stamps...perfect for any gardener!! Thanks for taking part in this exciting 100th Color Throwdown Challenge.....don't forget to hop around to all the blogs and leave some love...that will increase your changes of winning!!

Dainty Diva said...

I kinda thought the driving was the truth but wasn't sure. You sure had me fooled. I'm not much on cutesy images but your coloring is very nice. I have 4 copic and have not used them I better before they dry up.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.payloansonline.com]payday advance loans[/url]
This is the best way to get all your health products online like green coffee, african mango, phen375 and others. Visit now

[url=http://pinterest.com/jahangirsaghani/provillus-hair-loss/]Provillus[/url]