Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Yes, I'm still alive

Hi legionnaires. Took a little unannounced hiatus there. My dd decided she was rather exhausted by me & dh moving into her home and took off to house-sit somebody apartment for 2 weeks, leaving her poor dh and me to take care of the kids and house. Have you ever heard of such a thing. She said her counselor (marriage) said it would be wise. Well, he should know, I suppose.

Sooo, along with that came 4 birthdays (including mine), one anniversary to celebrate, and what appeared to have been some kind of pinched nerve in my neck, not to mention putting the finishing touches (for now) on my craftroom, and you have one heck of a busy month.

Now and then, I squeezed in a card, but was too lazy to take a picture and I still haven't found the perfect location outdoors for taking photos. We get plenty of sun so that's not the problem, just the background has me puzzled. So here's one I did snap, but the colors are not true and no amount of fiddlin' with Picassa's "feelin lucky" button would get it right. Suffice it to say, it did start out with a muted monotone sorta look. I was determined to use this recently purchased piece of crochet and so I have.

Here's some other stuff I've been doing.
- saw Eclipse on opening night...best of the series IMO
- re-joined Stampin' Up as a demo...couldn't resist the $35 invite
- re-organized my new craft space twice...had to make room for all the new
SU stuff I plan on getting.
- read over 1,000 stamping blogs in one week....WHEW, I really do subscribe
to that many. Is it any wonder I neglect mine?

Soooo, summer is half-over and I hope everyone is enjoying what's left of it. I know I plan to.

Hugs & Blessings,
Erica
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Janice said...

I was wondering what happen, just figured you were not settled in yet. Great card and glad to see you back!

Deb Neerman said...

Well, there you are! Glad to see you back to posting!

Sounds like you've been busy ... hope you're doing well and craftin' up a storm!

Sending hugs!

Marlene Lo said...

i love the colours and layout in this card :) Beautiful :) Elegant :)