Friday, July 2, 2010

Still Here...really

Hello legionnaires. Contrary to popular belief, I haven't fallen off the earth. I have, however, been busy adjusting to my new way of living and a bit under the weather with a UTI. I now believe this latter inconvenience is brought on by stress. I am attacking it with cranberry pills, Vitamin D, and a slew of other vitamins. I hope to also get more rest, but so far, that has alluded me.
My craftroom is not complete. Those dang cabinets proved to be rather expensive, so I only have one wall done and the rest of the room is my menagerie of carts and more carts. I may show a photo one day, but I'm not in a rush. The good thing is that I'm set-up for stamping and have been doing quite a bit of CASEing, since I saved ginormous numbers of cards while blog-hopping when I couldn't stamp.
This one is a bookmark. See this week's SSC Newsletter for a tutorial. I have been wanting to make these forever. Beatte's video finally got me going. I was aiming for masculinity here and I made another femme that my dd loved so much she took it before I could snap it. I'll see if I can get it back.
I think that this bookmark may also satisfy Sharon Johnson's No Time To Stamp  challenge this week, as it uses stars. I used SU real red for my base, Paper Studio ds, non-SU other colors, EK punches, and the stars are done with an inked Star embossing folder from Cuttlebug. The words are from a Fiskars clear stamp set, and the ribbon is from my stash. These really work best on hard-covered books with sturdy pages, They're a bit clumsy-looking on paperbacks I think.
I will be back tomorrow with a card. I'll bet your are saying, "Yeah right." I do have a poor track record.
Alas, give me grace. If God can, so can you. :D.

Hugs & Blessings,
Erica
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

This is beautiful, Erica! I love it ... and what a great gift idea, too!

Hope all is well with you ... can't wait till you're "up and running" again!

And, thanks so much for joining us in this week's Stamp Simply 'stars' challenge!!

Sending hugs!!

Dainty Diva said...

This is very unique love the color combination.

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

LOVE your bookmark! I REALLY need to try one of this type! So glad you could play the Stamp Simply Challenge this week!

Janine said...

Love this Erica!! I hope you are feeling better soon too,