Sunday, January 31, 2010

Little Boy Birthday

Hi my legion of fans (hmm...did a little research and legion is plural, so that "s" I've been adding is a no no. Also, any member of my legion is called a legionnaire. Now isn't that just tooo debonnaire? I know...big groan...I just couldn't resist.
It appears that my banner has disappeared for good and since I wan't crazy about it anyway...much as I love and collect all things frog, I've decided to bite the bullit and have the extraordinary and talented Michelle Laycock http://www.michellelaycock.blogspot.com/  make me a new one. She doesn't know this yet, but I'm counting on her. I had hoped to do it myself, but alas, I'm so NOT technie. It would take me weeks to get just the basics done. I'm hoping when Michelle hears how inept I actually am, she won't fall out of her chair laughing. And I'm also hoping that along with the design will come a lifetime of help with just basic upkeep. I'm pathetic I tell ya!
So, here's a weekend boy card. I don't do boys well. I always struggle with my grandsons'. He will be 12 this summer. That's gonna be tough. No more kiddie themes like this one. The ds paper is from a DCWV pad and just basic white with scrap yellow and red. I used Nesties for the circles and balloons. The star is a Quik-Kutz die and the rick rack is a part of a die set from Sizzix. The number is from a Cuttlebug alphabet. I printed out the sentiment using a freebie front from Scrapfonts. The stamp is from a CTMH set that was meant for Halloween, but I thought a little boy would get a kick out of the 3 eyes. Just before I popped the card into the envie, I put "real" googly eyes on and that made it cuter. The friend that I sold the card to (for a whopping $1.25...I never know how much to charge), really loved it. Well, she said she did anyway.

I hope many of you are getting in some stamping this weekend so I have lots to check on my blog subscriptions.

Erica
Posted by Picasa

No comments: