Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Fun Poem and Winding Down

Here's a poem I snatched from the JustRite blog. I think it's so appropo for we stampers.

Twas the night before Christmas,



I’m glued to the tree.


I’m wondering what Santa brought just for me.


Could it be cardstock or ink pads or lace?


Or some stamps, I said, with a smile on my face.


And that’s when I heard him ... “Hi Santa” I said


He replied, “You know ... good girls should be in their beds”.

I should Santa and now I’ve been caught.


But I was just so excited to see what you brought”


“Well, let’s take a look in this room where you work”.


He shook his head quickly, and left with a jerk.


I heard him exclaim as he put it in gear.


“You’ve got enough crap, I’ll see you next year!


Here's hoping that Santa doesn't see your craft rooms and that tomorrow he brings you lots of GREAT NEW TOYS!!


Merry Christmas from the JustRite Team!!

Nope, I never think I have enough of things like ribbon, lace, cardstock, designer papers, brads & buttons, and let's not forget STAMPS! Not to mention Nesties, CB folders and that Cricuit Expressions that I'm gonna buy as soon as I get my first social security check!!

I hope you all had a very meaningful Christmas. I myself was humbled this year, as funds were tight throughout my entire family. But we had plenty of food and lots of love to spare. I am blessed.
Though I do enjoy making Christmas cards, I'm quite bored with them now.
It's time for me to take a few weeks to increase my stash of all occasion cards, until I make a few for Valentines Day. I don't particularly enjoy making Val. cards. I never feel that I hit upon a design that I like. Well, maybe this year will be different.

On New Years's Eve, I'm gonna let you in on my New Years' resolutions. I am limiting myself to five, in hopes that it will be easier to keep them.

Hints:     Don't bite ---------------------

               Get out ------------------------so that I can ------------------------

               Get on my ---------------------

               Be less -------------------------and more -------------------

               Quit ----------------------------------

Anyone who is able to fill in at least two of these will be eligible to receive a couple of new packages of bling that I've not opened from my stash. It won't be much, 'cause I'm a hoarder, but it may be something you don't already have.
Since I don't expect more than two responses from my legions of fans, I will just take their names and put them in a hat and have my g-d pick one out. This contest is open until 12/31, at midnight. I will post answers then.

1 comment:

Janice said...

Please consider joining the challenge at Simple Doodles Here.

I know it's too late for your contest but my guesses are:

don't bite NAILS
be less CRITICAL and more SUPPORTIVE
quit SMOKING