Saturday, July 7, 2018

Simply Create Too DT Challenge no. 140

Hey friends,

Here is it July already and time for another challenge at Simply Create Too...the most relaxed and easy-going challenge on the world wide web...at least I sure think so.

So the deal is NOT to use any designer/patterned or digitized fancy paper, backing paper...you get the idea. I actually don't use a lot of these papers. Now don't get me wrong. I most certainly do buy it and I'm a bona fide hoarder of same, but I struggle with matching patterns resulting in a lot of second-guessing which ultimately means not being as productive as I'd like.

So here's my card. I used a Simon Says Stamp from the June kit and colored in watercolors. I wish they had shown up a bit brighter on-line. I have even used a Nuvo aqua shimmer pen to no avail. It is not as subdued IRL. I used Jane Davenport water colors in this cute little box. I have three of her sets now and I love them all. I'm not much of a watercolorist, but when I can "color in," I don't do too bad...I hope. The sentiment is from a Tim Holtz die cut set and was cut 3x, on silver glitter paper then glued down, and a few sequins thrown on for that extra pizazz. This card will go in my stash and I do hope I will be able to use it soon. Congratulating people is a fun thing to do.





2 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

That is such a pretty flower cluster Erica, and you have coloured it beautifully. I love your stacked die cut and I hope you have reason to congratulate someone soon!

Hugs
Carol x

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card x