Friday, June 20, 2014

Simply Create Too Challenge #64, The Sentiment is Your Highlight

Good Morning Friends,

Here is my design team card for our challenge at Simply Create Too. I almost always lean toward putting a sentiment on the front of my cards. Usually this is the Happy Birthday sentiment, but if I find some beautiful wording or a quotation that is appropriate, I will use it. In this case, I couldn't resist this inexpensive Stampabilities clear stamp. I think it was meant to be stamped using the chalk technique, but I'm not a fan of that style, so I'll use it the usual way.


I have been un-intentionally hoarding scrapes of paper and I'm trying to use them up, so I don't know the source of the dsp. The card stock is Michaels Recollections heavy weight cream. I used a beautiful corner die from Our Daily Bread Designs and used more scraps. The sentiment is stamped on a Nestabilities die-cut mat in Memento rich cocoa. The ribbon is a lucky $1 find and is a soft vintage print green. Flowers are Recollections and leaves an MS punch. I distressed all the papers with Tim Holtz frayed burlap...I do love the distressed look, but I'm not very good at knowing when to use it. I noticed some stampers distress everything, but I don't think it always works and some use very dark colors consistently which again, not sure if I like that look.

So join us in our challenge. We all have beautiful sentiments in our collections and if you don't, you can always find a digital one. The challenge will be fun.

Blessings,
Erica

3 comments:

Joan B said...

wow, this is beautiful.

Sandra H said...

Gosh Erica this is truly beautiful x

Sheila H said...

I love the die cuts that highlight your sentiment. (I have that stamp.) Beautiful card!