Saturday, December 7, 2013

The Ten Days of Christmas

Why, you ask? Well, in about that number of days, I will be plumb tuckered out.
I won't want to make another Christmas card, bake another loaf of cranberry bread, scoop another ball of dough onto a cookie sheet, shop for another present, wrap another present, you get the picture.
So, I'd better be done. Since I have never found even one of the 22 Christmas cards I made, having hidden them from my paper and tape runner loving' cat, it's time to get going on some new ones.
These will be considerably more simple. The good news is I managed to take pics of about five cards and here is the first one.

I'm also going to take a chance and toss this card into the challenge at QKRStampede.blogspot, where I hope my bit of gold won't dis-qualify me. Red is the more dominant color I think.
I wouldn't have known about this challenge if I hadn't been checking my fellow team-mate at
Simply Create Too, Mian. She designs for QKR also. Busy and talented crafty lady.

Then there's Less Is More, one of my favorite simple card challenge blogs. I am submitting hoping the base color, white, does not count as a third color, but instead as a foundation color. If it's not, they'll let me know. I used gold paper for the square fancy die cut.

It's on Gina K's luxury white base cs and is embossed with a Stampin' Up folder. The gold metallic paper from my stash is die cut/embossed with a Nestie. The glitter star is made with SU's new red glitter paper and die cut with a Stampin' Up Sizzix die. Rather easy to put together, so I may re-do a few of these.

I am half-way through my shopping. I am not a huge fan of Christmas, so gift cards come in handy. I like to give 'em, and I like to receive 'em.

Have a great weekend. And don't let yourself be stressed.

Blessings,
Erica

5 comments:

Angela said...

Erica, I love your simple yet dramatic and beautiful cards! I'm so sorry you've misplace cards. I'm short 100 cards for Christmas so I understand. Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Kathyk said...

One year I put mine away somewhere so safe I didn't find them either!! Good luck tracking them down!

GORGEOUS CAS card

Kathyk

Sandra H said...

Erica this is stunning oh l hope you do fine the cards so that your cat will be out of the dog house as to speak....lol take care x

Chrissie said...

It's great to see you again Erica and thanks for saying such nice things about our challenge!
Pretty card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Jan said...

Fab card Erica xx Jan