Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I can never have enough

Embossing folders, that is. I started buying them as soon as they hit the stores years ago, and I have several binders full... nearly 75. I'd say I luv 'em, wouldn't you?

So this is a Cuttlebug folder that is one of the early ones. It lends itself beautifully to prayer and sympathy cards. I embossed directly onto the card covering the missed part on the side with a length of SU ribbon. The gorgeous butterfly is made with a Cheery Lynn die. They make the best butterflies, though a bit fussy when running them through my Cuttlebug machine.
The sentiment is from Gina K and the ovals are punched with SU punches.... A few tiny pearls enhance the butterfly and this card went into one of the Christmas packages of all occasion cards I made as presents for Christmas.

Blessings,
Erica
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sandra H said...

Erica, Your card is gorgeous x

Leslie Miller said...

I feel the same about embossing folders. I'd have them all if I could. Love this one and I do have it in my collection. It's a wonderful base for a clean and simple card. Beautiful butterfly, too. I also like that particular ribbon since it's so lightweight and flexible. So many things to love! Beautiful card!