Saturday, February 25, 2012

You are My Sunshine


Good morning stampers. Happy Weekend. Over at Simply Create Too, where I'm back to showing my cards, I made this simple card to keep me cheered up. And, along with this cheerful card I have a new car to help me along the way. I took the plunge and purchased a brand new Honda CR-V. in a 'twilight" color. Yes, the color choice did have a bit to do with the famed movie series of that name...smile. 
So, for my card, I have a 5x5 Gina K Luxury heavy weight white base. Then some SU saffron for a mat and the dsp is DCWV Lemon Flower...bright, flowery and glittery....luv it. I used a Sizzix SU Daisies no. 2 die and cut it with some yellow from my stash. The center is a Bazzil brad given to me by a friend. I computer generated the sentiment using a fave font called Artsy. I don't often do this. Note to self....could save some $$$ this way, must pursue more.
So, I'm off with the dd to run some errands in the new wheels. Hope you have a great weekend.

Blessings, Erica

4 comments:

Sandra H said...

Hi Erica, Your card is stunning love the image and the background is gorgeous:) Sandra H

ike said...

This is so beautiful - I adore it. The card made me smile 'cos I love yellow and this just makes me feel like Spring. Super xxxx

Deb Neerman said...

WoW, this is so pretty, Erica! Love that die ... and that brad matches perfectly!! Congrats on the new car ... have fun!

Marjo said...

Fabtastic cheerful card Erica, hope you are enjoying your new car.

xoxo Marjo