Friday, June 17, 2011

New Rubbah...Happy Dance



Yes, it's true, I got 4 new stamp sets from Stampin' Up. After being on an austerity budget for the last three months, I had to complete my quarterly obligation and I did.

Yes, I am doing the happy dance, but SU has made some changes in how they reward their demos and after thinking about it and talking with my upline, I have decided I'm not crazy about it. Although I've only done the math in my head, it seems we are not getting as much product $$$ to play with. That means that it could be a tougher sell to get hostesses for parties. I suppose this is just Shelli's way of meeting the economic difficulties. I'm sure that there are many other changes in other areas and this is the only one that has affected me.

On to my goodies. I am being more careful when choosing sets. If I can't envision up to 5 cards in my head, I pass the set up. I think I've chosen carefully. So, here I've used a hostess set called Faith In Nature. If you lean toward C&S designs; if you often make card sets to give away; if you like to keep several "thank you" sentiments on-hand; if you try to buy genderless (is there such a word?) stamp sets, then this set is for you. Of course, you'll have to be a hostess to get it. IMO, it's worth it. My card is white on white and I used the SU lattice folder and stamped in Memento tuxedo black and colored with copics. There is a thank you sentiment in the set, however, I've used a Fisher clear mount thank you, because I wanted "for your kindness". The oval is a Nestie die and the pear is stamped then die-cut with a nestie also. All paper is Neenah solar white.

1. I'll be posting a card for tomorrow using an SU flower die that retired far too quickly IMO.

2. On Saturday, don't forget the divas will post a challenge at Less Is More.

3.     Simply Create will post it's challenge. I have made a fussier card than usual for the team, but I like it.

4. I have a 3D project to post for Sunday, after my stamping galpals have made one for themselves. It would be
perfect for a stamp camp and I haven't seen a anything quite like it on anyone's blog.

Soooo, do come back and get ready for the weekend.

Hugs & Blessings,
Erica
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Joan B said...

beautiful job. love that pear on the white

Janine said...

Beautiful card!! Love that pear!!

Sandra H said...

Gorgeous card love the colours used....:) Sandra H