Sunday, March 13, 2011

Simply Create Challenge #39

Hope you've had a great Sunday filled with fun, laughter and of course, stamping. I've been answering challenges this weekend. This is my second and there will be a 3rd for Less Is More. I have the card ready, but need to photo it. Simply Create asked for monochromatic and this card with black, blue and white is just that. The typewriter is from a clear set by Hero Arts and the sentiment is from an older set that I removed from its packaging to put in a binder. Alas, no brand name. So, isn't dearest friend a salutation you'd type on a letter if you sent snail mail to a dear freind? I actually remember starting letters to my hubby with Dearest and I signed them Forever yours. I was such a romantic and so very naive. You see he was my first husband...turned out to not be the dearest and I wasn't his forever...ha ha...T.M.I. Well, the second time around hubby was the charm for me.
Back to the matter at hand. I've used a white base and an SU blue (probably a retired color) mat that I stamped with a BG stamp from Inkadinkadoo. I stamped the image on a Nestie and added some dark blue buttons that I sewed embroidery thread on. Everything was stamped with Memento tuxedo black ink.
Be back early tomorrow with my 3rd and final weekend challenge. Then we'll see what Mojo Monday looks like. I haven't done one of them in months.
Hugs & Blessings,
Erica

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Janice said...

Hi Erica!

Love your card. I almost bought that set a few weeks ago (it's my profession ya know). Thanks for playing Simply Create with us. BTW: we now have blinkie!!! thanks!