Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I'm not gonna cry....

Now legionnaires, is it something I said? I do know I only have two kind-hearted readers who have added me to their bloglist, alas, even they haven't been here and I keep hearing they're bored what with the blizzards they're having. My card prior to this one was IMO, one of my best...But wait...there's still time to see it if you scrooolll down. Alright, that was a shameless plug and I know it. It's just that I actually did three challenges last week. Ah well, enough whining. I am, after all, a a commander of a fearless legion.

So, my big bro used to hunt...the poor guy is recovering from hip surgery as I write. He used to "bag deer"....gross. He tried to get me to eat venison. Just couldn't do it, you know Bambi and all. So, I made this card for him as he is celebrating his 70th birthday in early March. It's an SU stamp set. I colored it with chalks and then distressed one layer, then matted it on choc. chip by SU. I stamped with Memento rich cocoa, and the HB with its nice masculine font is from an SU set. As I "stretch and reach" for a more clean & simple style, I think I've achieved it here.

Hugs & Blessings,
Erica (who is hoping someone will see this one).
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Janice said...

Awesome male card. You know I comment when I can (and I always try to catch up when I miss a few). With work and a busy social life, I play catch up most of the time.