Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My first Zva (pseudo) embellished card







Hi Legionnaires. I have been making cards and visiting blogs galore....I've also been just enjoying the cooler AZ temps of late too. We had a rather long summer and broke a record or two...something like most consecutive days with temps in the 100s. My dd's house (with whom hubby & I now live), is not far from where we were, but somehow, this is more desert than ever, and therefore hotter. On to my card.
Had to make a BD card for a Halloween birthday. I believe my friend is turning 68, so a mature theme was important, yet I wanted to use some fall colors. I finally bit the bullit and included some Zva-like rhinestones from Recollections. The ribbon is so pretty IRL. My photography doesn't capture its rich green color and the satin finish. The ds paper is DCWV's Amber Autumn matstack. I love all the papers it has. And I used SU's pumpkin pie cs for the MS trellis(?) and punched it on one side, then did a little measuring and cut the strip on the other side to get this wider look. I got that idea from the AMAZING Becca Feeken, who I believe must have been a designer for just about every stamp company in the USA. If you've never feasted your eyes on her work, you must go here now. My trusted newest Nestie die forms a layer for the SU punched out sentiment from SU's "On Your Birthday". The card's base is one of the last pieces of my SU Kraft. I haven't bought the crumb cake which takes it place yet. But I'm sure hoping it's the same. In the last few months, I've fallen hard for Kraft.

That's it for today. I promise to give you more to check out every day this week.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Janice said...

What a gorgeous card! Your friend will love it for sure!