Sunday, January 5, 2020

So, Happy New Year and...It's been more than a while

So, let's just simply move on, shall we?

Simply Create Too has its' first challenge of the decade, and thus, the year. I'm still designing and every year, Angie, our team leader, asks if I want to continue. I don't think there are more than two or three of the originals on our team. But I love what I do and even though I say (to myself), this may be the last year, I'm glad I'm still here.

For our challenge no. 156, we asked our DT members to go monochromatic. I hope you enjoy my card. AliExpress...a dirty word to some, but a financial boon to others, is a company that has allowed me to greatly increase my die stash. I do continue to purchase from USA based companies, but we're all on a budget of some sort right?

My card uses AE letters, flowers and mats from dies. It may seem a bit pinkish, but that's because there is white and then there is white as I've learned in my crafting years. There is some dry embossing as well. Lots of  "layer lifting" enhances the card I think.


I hope you'll consider our challenge as one of the first for you to join this year. We're easy and, yes, simple. We'd love to comment on your entries.

Happy New Year
Erica





2 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

White on white is so elegant Erica and this lovely card could be used for so many occasions. Love the added texture and the little flowers give a little playful feel to it.
Wishing you a wonderful 2020.
Hugs
Carol xxx

Sandra H said...

Happy new year to you your card is gorgeous x