Monday, January 8, 2018

Happy New Year and the first Simply Create Too Challenge of 2018

And so the year 2018 begins. Did you make resolutions? Did you set goals? Do you have a vision board? I've done all three, but I don't intend to share here. You'd think, "really."

The Simply Create Too DT are off to a good start with our challenge No. 134, to use embossing, wet or dry. I've done both, though the wet may not be showing up. This is a 5x5 card using a very old Hero Arts sentiment in an AliExpress stitched heart and also an Ali Express teacup. The dry embossing is a Darice folder. The white mat frame is a die I got with a British magazine called Die-Cutting Essentials. British periodicals are costly. I wanted the die that came along with it, so I splurged at $16.99. The papers are from my stash as is the gold twine for the bow.

One resolution I've made is to use my stash to its fullest, so you will be seeing lots of retired sentiments. I also plan to utilize AliExpress  to purchase dies. If you don't already know about this Singapore/China .com, you may want to check them out.

And here's my card.


I hope you will have a chance to play along with our challenge and that you will be blessed in this new year of 2018.

Erica

No comments: